The Board of Certification for Professional Organizers® is a non-profit independent certifying body whose mission is to advance the credibility and ethical standards for the organizing and productivity industry by establishing and maintaining a professional credential by:
- identifying a body of knowledge directly related to the organizing profession
- establishing a consistent standard of education and experience required for certification
- recognizing and raising industry standards, practices, and ethics
- following the accreditation guidelines set forth by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies
- fostering continued development of expertise in the teaching, training, transfer, and demonstration of higher-level organizing skills
What is a Certified Professional Organizer®? The Certified Professional Organizer (CPO®) credential is designed to elevate professional standards, enhance individual performance, and identify industry professionals who demonstrate the knowledge essential to professional organizing and productivity consulting. CPOs have proven industry proficiency by documenting a specific number of paid transfer-of-skill client contact hours, passing the Board of Certification for Professional Organizers (BCPO®) examination, and agreeing to adhere to the Code of Ethics for Certified Professional Organizers. The Certified Professional Organizer® credential is the only industry credential endorsed by NAPO.